In a post sometime back, we had talked about the benefits of turmeric, which is a natural remedy for a wide range of illnesses from common cold, cough to cancer prevention. The benefits of turmeric essential oil are also equally impressive.
Health Benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil
Some of the most important health benefits of turmeric essential oil include:
- Relieves cold and cough
- Cures flatulence; improves digestion
- Stimulates functions of nervous system
- Boosts immune function
- Turmeric essential oil is an effective natural remedy for acne and black spots. According to a study, it is also an effective home remedy for psoriasis and a wide range of skin conditions.
- Tones the skin
- Cures wrinkles; postpones signs of ageing and promotes youthful appearance
- Heals cracked heels
- Cures dandruff; promotes hair health
- Relieves joint pain
- Cures muscle pain
- Protects liver health
- Boosts brain health; improves memory power and prevents memory loss related conditions
- Helps to prevent breast cancer
- According to a study, turmeric essential oil helps to check the progression of leukemia.
- Helps to prevent large intestine cancer
- Turmeric essential oil is also recommended to cure insomnia naturally.
- Relieves stress; promotes calmness
Side Effects of Turmeric Essential Oil
Generally, turmeric essential oil carries no side effects. It may cause nausea, stomach upset and dizziness in some.
Always ensure that any essential oil is diluted as prescribed before use.