Throat Chakra is the fifth of eight major chakras in the human body. (To check the post on Chakras are Eight, Not Seven, visit this page). Throat Chakra is called as Visudhdhi or Visudhdha Chakra in Sanskrit. 'Visudhdhi' means 'very pure'.
Associated element: Space
Associated Sense: Hearing
Throat Chakra is the center for communication and truth. It is the center of your energy and uncompromising self-expression. It is not only about being honest while communicating with others; it is also about being honest with yourself. Sacral Chakra and Throat Chakra function as combined chakras. While Sacral Chakra governs creativity, it is the Throat Chakra that brings out the creativity in you so you can further your skills.
Table of Contents
Properties of Throat Chakra and its Associated Organs
Throat Chakra has the power to give happiness and freedom in abundance. Hearing, the sense associated with Throat Chakra, is naturally associated with speech. Being a good listener and being honest in your communication with others determine how truthful you are to the society and self. This will also elevate your mental state of mind where your heart will be filled with purity. This can be achieved when your Throat Chakra is activated.
Lack of truthfulness and loss of self esteem are common in people pleasers who invariably fail to come out with their honest opinions...just because they want to please others. This badly affects the functions of Throat Chakra. Also, people pleasers do not get the love and respect for which they go about pleasing others. If you have been going out of your way to make others feel good, it is high time you considered your Throat Chakra's health.
Throat Chakra is the center of self-expression. To recognize your thoughts, your creativity and the purpose of your life, you need to have a balanced Throat Chakra.
Throat Chakra governs mouth, tongue, teeth, gums, pharynx, hearing, jaw, neck, shoulders and thyroid.
Benefits of Activating Throat Chakra
Given below are the benefits of proper functioning of Throat Chakra:
- Honest and truthfulness in communicating with others
- Being a good listener
- Social skills
- Skills such as singing and painting
- Mental calmness
Physical and Psychological Symptoms of Blocked Throat Chakra
Below-mentioned are some of the signs of blocked Throat Chakra:
- Neck pain and tightness in the neck
- Throat pain and tightness in throat
- Throat related conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Dental issues
- Hearing problems
- Mouth ulcer
- Spine related conditions
- Low creativity levels
- Fear communicating with others or excessive talking
- Avoiding expressing one's opinions fearing criticism or ridicule
- Poor listening or interfering frequently during a conversation
- Poor public speaking skills
- Avoiding social contacts
- Unable to express self
- Lying frequently
- Being adamant
- Feeling of insecurity
- Lack of focus
How to Unblock Throat Chakra
- Yoga Poses to Stimulate Throat Chakra
- Essential oils
- Common rules
Yoga Poses to Stimulate Throat Chakra
Perform the below-mentioned yoga poses to unblock Throat Chakra:
1) Dolphin Pose
4) Lion Pose
5) Camel Pose
8) Cobra Pose
9) Bow Pose
10) Bridge Pose
12) Four-Footed Pose
13) Shoulder Stand
14) Plough Pose
17) Fish Pose
19) King Cobra Pose
20) Half Headstand
Performing the above-mentioned yoga poses will promote your Throat Chakra health.
Essential Oils for Throat Chakra
You can use one of the below-mentioned essential oils for unblocking and activating your Throat Chakra.
- Basil essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Clove essential oil
- Cypress essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Jasmine essential oil
- Juniper essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Neroli essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Tea Tree essential oil
Dilute essential oil by adding carrier oil to it and using a diffuser let the aroma spread in your room. You can also massage the blend of essential oil and carrier oil on the location of Throat Chakra or on your feet.
The power of self-affirmations is amazing. Repeating self-affirmations for Throat Chakra has wonderful health benefits.
Self-affirmations for Throat Chakra
- My Throat Chakra functions at its best
- I speak the truth
- I express myself honestly and with transparency
- I express noble thoughts
- I believe in myself
- I speak only that which is useful
- I listen to others with utmost sincerity
- Creativity flows in me
- I am compassionate towards others
- I experience endless happiness
- My mind is filled with calmness.
You can create your own self-affirmations. We will have a detailed post on this in the coming days.
Foods that Activate Throat Chakra
Include at least one of the below-mentioned foods in your diet for optimal functioning of Throat Chakra:
- All kinds of herbal teas
- Coconut water
- Lemon juice
Common Rules to Activate Throat Chakra
Throat Chakra can be activated by following the simple suggestions given below:
- Self-expression is the key. Be honest and speak out your mind. Learn to say "No" when you have to. Express yourself with confidence. Also avoid unnecessary conversations.
- Be sincere while listening to what others have to say.
- Maintain healthy relationships with those around you.
- Singing can improve your Throat Chakra functioning. Hence, enjoy singing.
- Perform neck exercises regularly.
- Place blue colored flowers and objects at home where you can easily spot them.
- Practice Throat Chakra meditation.