Solar Plexus Chakra is the third of eight major chakras in the human body. Solar Plexus Chakra is called as Manipura Chakra in Sanskrit. 'Manipura' means 'lustrous jewel'.
Location: Between navel and breastbone
Associated element: Fire
Associated sense: Sight
To lead a successful life, it is highly essential that your Solar Plexus Chakra functions at its optimal best. Thanks to the chakra that attracts universal energy, you recognize your skills and possess the ability to overcome challenges that life throws at you. Solar Plexus Chakra brings positive changes in your life.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Properties of Solar Plexus Chakra and its Associated Organs
Solar Plexus Chakra is the center for personality, intellect, learning and comprehending. Being independent and inspired, possessing self-identity, will power, self-confidence and self-esteem are also associated with the functioning of Solar Plexus Chakra.
Proper functioning of Solar Plexus Chakra helps you to recognize an external situation as a way to understand your basic nature and thought processes. This helps you to understand your inner-self, possess an open mind to accept responsibility for your thoughts, which naturally guide to elevate your state of mind to a higher level.
Solar Plexus Chakra makes it possible for you to understand you as you are and love you wholeheartedly.
Solar Plexus Chakra governs stomach, spleen, pancreas, diaphragm, digestive system and lymphatic system.
Benefits of Activating Solar Plexus Chakra
Given below are the most important benefits of proper functioning of Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Positive thoughts
- Balanced approach in handling emotions
- Setting boundaries
- Maintaining healthy social relationships
- Decision making skills with courage and determination
- Intellectual abilities
- Advancing in one's path with determination
Activated Solar Plexus Chakra helps you to recognize your skills and also helps to develop a healthy attitude while interacting with those around you. From being an intellectual you transition to the phase of acquiring wisdom.
Physical and Psychological Symptoms of Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
Mentioned below are the signs of overactive and underactive Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Digestive disorders
- Respiratory disorders
- Stomach pain
- Spleen disorders
- Pancreatic conditions
- Low self-confidence
- Lack of self-esteem
- Dominating others, forcing one's interests on others
- Looking for recognition
- Lack of clarity with regards to life's purpose
How to Unblock Solar Plexus Chakra?
- Yoga poses to Stimulate Solar Plexus Chakra
- Essential oils
- Common rules
Yoga poses to Stimulate Solar Plexus Chakra
Perform the below-mentioned yoga poses to unblock Solar Plexus Chakra:
3) Chair Pose
10) Gate Pose
12) Boat Pose
17) Twisted Pose
19) Bridge Pose
21) Four-Footed Pose
22) Locust Pose
23) King Cobra Pose
25) Shoulder Stand
26) Plough Pose
28) Half Headstand
Essential Oils for Solar Plexus Chakra
You can use one of the below-mentioned essential oils for unblocking your Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Black pepper essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Cinnamon essential oil
- Cypress essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Ginger essential oil
- Juniper essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Musk essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Saffron essential oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Vetiver essential oil
- Ylang Ylang essential oil
Dilute essential oil by adding carrier oil to it and using a diffuser let the aroma spread in your room. You can also massage the blend of essential oil and carrier oil on the location of Solar Plexus Chakra or on your feet.
The importance of self-affirmation can never be stressed more. Self-affirmation techniques are very powerful. Repeating self-affirmations inspires you and makes you achieve success and lead a contented life.
Self-affirmations for Solar Plexus Chakra
- My Solar Plexus Chakra functions well
- My mind is filled with calmness.
- I love myself whole-heartedly
- I respect myself
- I recognize my skills
- I brave new challenges
- Each and every decision I make is done with self-confidence and clarity
- I set my goals with clarity
- I achieve all that I seek
- I take responsibility for my mistakes and learn from them
- I maintain healthy relationships with others
You can create your own self-affirmations. We will have a detailed post on this in the coming days.
Diet for Solar Plexus Chakra
Include at least one of the below-mentioned foods in your diet for optimal functioning of Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Curd and or yoghurt
- Sweet potato
- Sunflower seeds
- Brown rice
Common Rules to Activate Solar Plexus Chakra
Solar Plexus Chakra can be activated by following the simple suggestions given below:
- Share your thoughts with boldness and confidence
- Spend some time everyday in sunlight
- Stand tall to promote self-confidence
- Place yellow colored flowers and objects at home where you can easily spot them
- Practice Solar Plexus Chakra meditation
- Thought processes life "Life throws tough challenges at me" and "I am worst affected" are to be completed avoided.
- Engage yourself in new activities. This will promote your self-confidence
- Try being in new environment often. You can land in new places once a week; not necessarily for sight-seeing. You can also try new areas for shopping instead of the ones that you frequent to.
- Never hesitate to declare your feelings; start making decisions for your needs
Visit this page to check the post on Root Chakra benefits and ways to stimulate Root Chakra.
To learn about the benefits of Sacral Chakra and how to activate Sacral Chakra, visit this page.